Monday, March 23, 2015

Make a Mini Beaver - a Refashion & Free Pattern


Did you know that April 7th is National Beaver Day? If you didn't know, don't worry. That just means you've got plenty of time to create this little mini beaver to help you and your child celebrate this day in style. I'm an Oregonian, so my beaver roots run deep! 

After creating this little guy, I found a tin for him to sleep in.  Then I made a mini woodland pillow and blanket. I also made him a pine tree to take to bed with him just in case he gets hungry in the middle of the night.  I just love little stuffed creatures that have their own storage containers, don't you?


I started this project with a wool sweater that was accidentally put into the laundry and not caught until it came out of the drier. Sadly, this sweater shrunk way too much to ever fit a normal sized adult! A shrunken wool sweater is perfect for making a beaver but if you don't have a shrunken sweater you can also use felt!



BEAVER UPDATE, you had until July 2nd to download this pattern for free. This pattern is now available for purchase from my Etsy shop.  The pattern is a steel for $2.50.  Once finished, this beaver measures 3 1/4" tall and is 2 1/2" wide. 

So more about why I created this little guy. Like I said above, I grew up in Oregon and that was our state animal.  It's also New York's state animal and Canada's national animal... Any other Oregonians, New Yorkers or Canadians reading this post? Whatever the reason, I hope you enjoy making a mini beaver or even a colony of mini beavers!  xoxo Grandma

No comments: